LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rivers, Rocks and Roads

Today, I should be back from Mexico...
but
since I am probably up to my armpits
in dirty laundry and jet lagged,
I went ahead
and
pre-published this blogpost
to cover me for
one more day
until I can get back to routine...

Hopefully, I can start posting some of my Mexico trip photos for you soon.

And some winter ones, before it is spring!

Many of you are probably having spring right now,
but in the U.P. we won't see any signs of spring until the end of April...
and even some years we get snow then too.

So today, we are still in autumn
for my photos.



This river is wonderful during any season...in winter it freezes over.





I loved the green green ferns against the orange leaves here:






I love slowing down the river with my shutter speed when taking photos of water
and making the water "dreamy":






 
Mirrored reflections of autumn in the river:






Another road scene.
My poor hubby...I am always telling him to STOP the truck
so I can get out and get a shot:






I fell in love with the big mossy rocks in the middle of this autumn river:





Some of the bluffs we had to climb around/up
to take some waterfall pictures...
I was whining and my husband was helping me up over and around large
boulders on the river's edge so I didn't have to scale THIS big rock bluff!
LOL:






Glimpses of blue water through the colored leaves:








We didn't have time to fish. (Dang!!):

 
I hope your life is flowing as smooth as this river,
and contains as much color as this autumn
and
has less rocky times than the bluffs above!

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a great post for this morning, in words and pictures.

Look forward to hearing and seeing about your trip to Mexico.

Have a great relaxing weekend back at home.

FlowerLady

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous. My favourite is the ferns among the coloured leaves. WOW,that's pretty.

Country Gal said...

Your photos are breath taking ! We have a mix of spring and winter here in Ontario Canada keeps jumping around from week to week ! I just want spring and summer ! Have a good day !

MadSnapper said...

my pick is the green ferns, beautiful

TexWisGirl said...

just spectacular color combinations! but, yes, that fern shot is stellar!!!

(i certainly hope you're recovering!)

Unknown said...

The one with the green ferns in front of the colored leaves and the second to last ones are my favorites!

grannyann said...

These are some of your BEST. I love them. I haven't been around for awhile to check my blog friends. Glad to see you are still taking pictures.

Sandi McBride said...

You're a clever girl! Love the photos!
hugs
Sandi

L. D. said...

Wonderful shots. I think the ferns and leaves is one of my favorites too.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: