LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hidden Waterfalls; Part Two!

Today,
I wanted to continue to show you just a few more
pictures of the hidden
waterfalls
that I visited in late August...
If you missed Part ONE of my blogpost
showing you these falls, just drop below this blogpost and
you can see those photos there.


located near Herman, Michigan
in Baraga County, Michigan





 

Yikes!!
Is that a SNAKE SKIN???:









There is only one thing I love more than tree roots...
that
is?:
MOSSY tree roots!:







This is the TOP of the rocky bank that we had to climb down
to see the falls.
See all the boulders???
Covered with moss?

They looked fantastic for photos....
but
ummmm....
they are kind of slippery to try and climb down and up on.

(Just ask the bruise I got that was the size of a lumberjack's pancake (on my left thigh and butt!)
from slipping on one and landing on ROCK...



See the trickling water over the top of the bluff to the right?:







Well....
they gained momentum!:


















Looking back down at the falls from the top of the bluff...
see them?

Wayyyyyy down there??:


I'll be back to capture these this spring when the rush of water
will be very different over those rocks....
I'll be praying that I can actually climb down there
again without injury....

Anybody know a virgin I can sacrifice to the Gods to assure my safety?

Anyone?

Bueller?

  Bueller??? 

10 comments:

Karin M. said...

Thank you for this wonderful waterfall, great nature shots ...
Greetings Karin

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow,these are beautiful.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i love the twist and turns of the trees and the roots, its like natures art...

Grandmother Mary said...

Mossy tree roots are so anciently beautiful. I'm heading to the land of water falls (Trinidad's rain forest) for Christmas. This whet my appetite.

MadSnapper said...

one of God's most beautiful spots is what this is. i almost feel like i am there. it is a little slippery from here. LOL

LindyLouMac said...

Thanks for sharing these hidden waterfalls. :)

TexWisGirl said...

ROFLM(unbruised, btw)AO!

SO beautiful, though!

Unknown said...

Those are some amazing photos...but the snakeskin....ewwwww!

Cher' Shots said...

You can keep the snakeskin but I love the falls. I'm a Yooper if you want to share the location? lol
'hugs from afar'

Andrea said...

Those are lovely shots, but these kind of areas are really very risky with mosses all over the place you are stepping on! You are so brave for taking that risk. It could be better if there is a rope tied on the trees above, but even then the risk is still high. Take care.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: