LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!! Your treat? : This and that from Autumn in the U.P.

Happy Halloween to everyone!!!!!



Hope you get more treats than tricks today!

My treat???:
More autumn photos for you today!!





We tried to hike outside almost every day that it wasn't raining to get autumn pictures for you.

Here is a collection of some of the ones we took just for YOU!:




These are the Power Dam falls, right near L'Anse, Michigan:







Inhale!
You just might smell the sweet smell of autumn that went with this place:






This was a little side falls from the side of another falls, but I loved the rocks with the fall leaves all over them:







Holy tree mushrooms!:



















I loved this rusty orange fungus growing all over the rocks:







Another shot of the Power Dam falls.
Some people like the "frozen action" falls effect....
And others like the "dreamy falls" effect.

I like them both.






Quartz Falls:















Don't you just LOVE waterfall shelves full of autumn leaves???:

****************************************************
Don't forget that TODAY is your LAST day to enter the October
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!

Get your photo into me no later than midnight tonight!!

13 comments:

DJan said...

Happy Halloween to you, too! I know I have until midnight to get my picture in, I'm hoping I don't forget! :-)

Brian Miller said...

this holy tree mushrooms are really cool...what a neat texture...thank for the treat all the pic look wonderful

MadSnapper said...

i love those falls, the stacked up rock look is great. the orange fungus is really pretty and that is a ton of mushrooms on that log. wow on that one. i like the side view of the falls. can't smell the autumn but i love seeing it. maybe they will come up with scratch and sniff soon for blogger.

Muffy's Marks said...

You're right I can almost smell the fall fragrance in the air, and hear the leaves crunch under my feet.

Unknown said...

The waterfalls are so pretty. And I've never seen so many mushrooms!!

Unknown said...

I love the falls. I am also interested in the shots of the fungus and mushrooms they are beautiful.

Debbie said...

they are all just gorgeous!! i love autumn, the most beautiful time of the year!!

Linda Reeder said...

I need to come take a walk in your woods!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I always love your waterfall pictures. Now that I'm living in the hills in Iowa I'm hoping that I might get to see a waterfall or two for myself.

So. Cal. Gal said...

At the risk of repeating myself...

Gorgeous!

Karin M. said...

Wonderful photos....great shots...
LG: Karin

L. D. said...

Shelves are so cool because you can walk out onto them and be close to the action. Gorgeous shots as usual and mushroom growth is great. I like the color of the growth on the rocks.

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh wow, fungi and falls! I love them both.

Quartz Falls is gorgeous and I really like the reflection in your photo.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: